Monday 30 July 2012

~My Discovery into Jrock~

So basically, lately I've become a huge Jrock fan, lately as in last six to nine months before I was a truly dedicate Kpop fan (I still am) to bands like Super Junior, actors like Jang Geun Suk and Lee Jun Ki, but with Lee Jun Ki entering military service and Super Junior members, my music switched towards Jrock, also during any stressful period listening to music that was too cheerful all the time didn't help~ please don't get me wrong, I'm still a dedicated 'ELF' and 'eel '(SJ+JGS fan club) and Lee Jun Ki etc.

I came across the Pink Spider (hide) through Kim Heechul of Super Junior, who is a Jrock fan himself (I'm not really sure what bands he likes) and he sang Pink Spider at one of SJ's concerts, although I haven't been able to find a clip of him singing this song, anyways I clicked on hide's page, this bright-haired, cute young man dressed in a red attire immediately I was intrigued by him.

I actually gasped when I read the personal information bar and it showed the day of his death underneath his date of birth, just 33 years old, hide had already gone, he spread his wings and left this world in 1998.

About six months later, I started listening to X Japan's song's Silent Jealously, then I stopped listening to any Jrock music for about a year? I think...last year I focused on a lot of pop, hip hop and rap music from Korea,  Taiwan and Hong Kong, then in the end of last year, I started listening to hide and enjoyed all of his songs, none of them left me any disappointment from the slow, paced simple PV of Goodbye then the fast movements, bright colours and fancy hairstyles of Dice and then in Jan-Feb, I started listening to X Japan's music and I really liked Endless Rain, Born To Be Free, Jade, Tears, Kurenai etc...beautifully composed songs~!

Now, I'm venturing into other bands and artists like Gackt (Vanilla, Ghost, Love Letter), The Gazette (Filth In The Beauty), Versailles (Reverant Choir), An Cafe (Ryuusei Rocket, Smile Ichiban Ill Onna, Snow Scene etc), SuG (GimmeXGimme), I hope I can listen to more bands in the future and also widen my knowledge, next on my list to listen too are Nightmare (Hitsugi, he's so cute and sweet despite his fierce makeup and numerous piercings), Buck Tick, Glay (got to listen to some of the legendary bands in this scene).

Any suggestions and songs? Everything is welcome! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment