Monday 13 August 2012

Weston-super-Mare :P

Weston-super-Mare is a seaside town, we stayed for three days, two nights, from Thursday to Saturday!

So yeah the opening is not the greatest but basically, it took almost 4 hours by train to get to Weston-super-Mare, I was actually feeling queasy and unwell by the time I arrived at our destination despite taking some medication for Travel Sickness (for those, who don't know what Travel Sickness it is, basically its when you feel sick, dizzy, unwell on journeys (usually long ones like an hour plus) by transport (bus, train, aeroplane, tram, car etc). Yeah, which is pretty irritating which means I never enjoy the journey to and fro or at least be in a comfortable state~ my auntie suggested every time I feel nervous before these long journeys just to kinda laugh it off, shrug it off because it's likely that I would be more comfortable *positive thinking*


The Chinese takeaway where we got a super yummy
second dinner from.

 

Arcades, Amusements and the Grand Pier, I guess there something you should know about me, I love very traditional things such as the Carousel, snow globes with cute scenes like Christmas captured inside the snowy globes well I really like the Grand Pier.

As far as I remember, as I child the Grand Pier was a just a long, steady wooden bridge, a few amusements perhaps, but really I just ate ice cream (whippy ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake) on the pier (I dropped one of my ice cream cones when I was little on the pier, I think my dad bought another one for me).



This was drawn on the side of a sweet shop!

So I was pleasantly surprised that there was a yellow/green/blue train ride that rode around the pier (one end to another end) for little kids and their families (well that's what it look liked). At the end of the pier, was a room (I say room, it's not really a room but I can't find the word to describe it), crammed with rides and arcade machines, there was even a Guitar Hero machine with 6 guitars, I can't remember exactly, it was a little expensive to play this game. And I'm not very good at this games because my reflex skills are poor, it takes a lot  of time to react to things so by the time, I see the colour of the button I should press, it's already gone pass thus making mistakes by pressing the wrong key. I've never played this game but this is what happens when I do the dance mat game, which my cousins are very good at.

But I really enjoyed this game, where its a speedboat and the handle can be lifted up and down and the boat tips really far from the left and the right side which actually feels like you'll fall off that how's I felt when I first played this game, this game/machine created by Namco, the boat was pink and white colour and I played on this game twice. I really enjoyed the game!

I wrote Super Junior (ELF), X Japan and Yoshiki Hayashi
into the sand, my sister drew the heart into the sand.

Also, hmm I wanted to pick up some Rock, its ike a traditional sweet that you can see being sold at sweet shops in the seaside but my mum doesn't like me eating it, because A) I can't and definitely will not be able to consume all of it before it's needs to be tossed in the bin, B) Because hard boiled sweets are usually left in the mouth to be sucked which will all the sugar being in your mouth is bad for the teeth and what not. LOL. Not really a laughing matter but yeah~

Instead, I ate some toffee sundae at McDonald's and for the last day, for lunch we ate sweet stuff, ice cream sundaes x2 and pancakes x1. I know what your thinking there's four people and only 3 food stuffs, well my mum ordered the pancakes, three pancakes stacked on top of each other with chocolate sauce and some icing sugar, I didn't taste the pancakes but I think for their price it was a reasonable but they should of added more chocolate sauce in between the pancakes, for me plain pancake are dry and not very tasty.



My sister ordered the 'Don't Wait Till Aftereight Sundae which had brownies (apparently they didn't taste very nice so I didn't try any), chocolate sauce, mint chocolate ice cream and an Aftereight chocolate square on top of the ice cream scoop, hence name of the sundae after the 'Aftereight mint chocolate'.



                                         The menu for the place we went too for lunch, very colourful
                                          and eyecatching!
I ordered the 'Smartie Party' I really like Smarties, shame they don't last very long but the colours made the dessert so pretty, the colourful studded smarties into the fluffy whippy cream, I don't really like whippy cream but was really torn between the Maltesear and the Smartie sundae, both had whippy cream... but I chose Smartie in the end, I was lucky that the fluffy whippy cream was just a thin layer and it was the Vanilla scoop of ice cream underneath which in the picture gave me the idea that the whippy cream was a huge scoop on top, which if it had I would of scraped off, I'm not a person to waste but the cream is unhealthy, I do not like it and it was also make my tummy queasy on my journey back home anyways. =.= The sundae had vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream, strawberry sauce at the bottom with a pit of Smarties at the bottom. So yummy, so good, so fattening ^_^

(Sorry for my poor editing skills =.=)

We stayed at B&B basically they are Bed and Breakfast places, essentially they provide a room with a en suite (we stayed at family room) a double bed with bunk beds, and a full English breakfast between 7am to 9am and they have to vacant the room by 10am, the downside is having to wake up early to eat a breakfast, I can't really stomach because I'm half awake, my sister was sick on Friday, she woke up with a painful migraine at 6am, was sick twice and couldn't come down for breakfast, so it was just me and my parents, I ate scrambled egg on bread with butter, one hash brown, baked beans the next day I ate baked beans, tomato, two mushrooms (little ones), fried bread, hash brown, sunny side up egg, sausage and bacon, the bacon was a little salty, I also had some coco pops (chocolate puffed rice) breakfast cereal, two glasses of milk or three? and three glasses of orange juice. Yeah, that's a big breakfast, I hate leaving food on my plate, so I finished everything on the second day, the first day I left a teeny, tiny square of toast on my plate.




I did a lot of walking to and fro from the B&B to the town centre, on Friday we ate Fish&Chips for dinner, well my mum and my sister and I did, my dad had Doner Kebab, we ordered fishcakes, scampi (they were burnt to be honest), cod bites and two plates of regular chips.

On Friday, I ate MacDonald's for lunch, we were given vouchers at Weston-super-Mare, I ate fillet-o-fish, drank Sprite and add medium fries, I bought a toffee sundae afterwards, my dad bought fish&chips, my mum had a toffee sundae and apple pie (my mum stays so skinny because she exercises and ate less foods especially junk food). My diet of this fried foods is giving me a breakout, I've gotten a lot of spots recently. O_O which is truly unfair because usually even without putting lots of cream and stuff my skin stays fine. Not too dry or oily or spotty!

Then for dinner, we ate Chinese takeaway it was so good or I was too hungry, super Delicious and super scrummy, I chose the Orange chicken (I've only had Lemon chicken before, it's crispy cooked in a lemon sauce with tender chicken), the orange chicken was lovely, fragrant, sweet and super tender <3, we also had Sweet and Sour pork wit vegetables (peppers, onions etc), stir fried rice with peas, BBQ pork (I love BBQ pork especially in Char Siu Bao (BBQ pork bun)), Singaporean Vermicelli noodles, prawn crackers (for free because I think if you order a certain amount of food, then they give some prawn crackers on the house, I only took a few because I didn't want to have a sore throat or continuous coughing throughout the evening), there was also some stir fried noodles as well. I drank some orange flavoured Vitamin Water with my dinner.



My sister, dad and I won many things at the arcade, the games where you put coins in to push some coins out, I got lots of cute stuff, my sister got a really cute bear key ring and she gave it to me! I really liked this but it looked too diffcult to win. The picture below is all the stuff we won!



I won six items, a black car, three shoes (black, green and yellow), a yellow Jelly-Bean key ring and a duck key ring. Which item do you like the most? I personally like the yellow Jelly-Bean key ring because I think its really cute!




My sister and I played a few games and we won a bunch of tickets on a basketball game because the machine had malfuctioned, the person fixed it for us and he just basically pressed a button so the tickets would come out, he walked off and the remainder 700 tickets, we played some more games and we roughly finished with 800 tickets roughly and I chose two things.

I chose the 'Starry, Starry Night' which is like glow in the dark (stars, comets, planets etc) and you stick them on the ceiling, the key ring in the middle is the key ring that my sister gave me, cute right? and the other item is a glow in the dark whistle, it comes with a piece of flimsy black string so you can wear it.

The trip was good fun and I throughly enjoyed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment