Monday 6 August 2012

My Hobbies

Hi, I just wanted to share with you my hobbies, they are a significant part of my life, there are three things although the last one, I've kinda stopped now, Music (Dancing and singing and playing instruments), writing stories and collecting stamps.

I know what your thinking 'collecting stamps' something really boring and not interesting or cool or whatever...your wrong!

I have a huge purple book, bought by my dad in Hong Kong, the book itself is nice, I had stamps of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, Ancient Chinese characters one, there's even some cute Christmasssy ones, ones that spell my name 'Gabie' and there so much... but I've kinda stop collecting, I should carry on? maybe? what do you guys think? =.=

Writing stories, I can't stop, lately I've been trying fan fictions, what do people think of 'Prince&Princess' so far? Is the plot a little too boring? I'm a little worried :'( before I did any style of fan fictions, I used to write many stories when I was little, this could be one of the reasons why I still acquired a lot of stationary like notebooks (I hate small notebooks because I cannot write many things in them, however lately I have change because I found a cute notebook in Hong Kong that comes with a little pen, I can carry it in my bag all the time, one side is like an address book, the other side is filled with cute decorated sheets of notepaper, usually I just jot down small things, like train station names or something).

Singing&Dancing, well I guess some people know that I enjoy Karaoke and stuff, I don't think my voice is great, it's probably really bad to be honest but I enjoy singing, I also enjoy singing in Korean, Mandarin and Japanese besides English of course, I used to be more confident in dancing when I was younger and was reasonable, I used to go to stage school and sometimes my class (we're all very friendly and maybe it had just 20 students) would just put some music on and dance! I enjoy freestyle the most because you can do whatever you like depends on the music, I enjoy watching break dancing, which I could do that but then I could have to build up muscles and that would mean the gym 0_0...

I say this but I probably end up going to the gym when I go to university to keep a better physique, I really hope, I will be able to start a band in Uni. Its hard to find people that like Visual Kei in the first place, I really want my band to be based of visual kei style, visual looks but I don't want to make music that is too heavy or dark~ one or two songs is okay but not every song in an album (If I ever did get to that standard).

I also really like the name of X Japan's song 'Art Of Life' I would like to call my band that because to me Music is like Art and its the Art of Life, if you understand that, I know it's sounds really cheesy but I think this name would have a better meaning than just adding random words together or a favourite colour or someones name and that etc. Although, I have nothing against that! I'm also inspired by X Japan, I want to make a band that will open a gate for aspiring Chinese Visual Kei performers, I read a lot on the Internet and see people saying that Visual Kei is only a Japanese thing but why is it?

Seremedy (sorry if I spelt the name wrong), a Swedish Visual Kei band seem awesome, I like Yohio songs, I'm sorry I can't remember which one. So surely, Chinese and other races of people can do it too.

What are your hobbies? What do you enjoy doing? =.= I'm going to practise drawing when I get a chance.

What are your dreams? Of course, the band is a dream that I would like to make it real!

Would you like to show you the pictures of my stamps? I have to take it out because it's being kept away at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. the idea of a visual kei band is awesome! and yes is hard to meet people who like visual kei style as music, i don't think that visual kei is only for japanese there are some american and european people who are influenced by it :D

    my voice is really bad and i don't feel good singing >_<but i can play guitar :3 if you enjoy singing is that matters :D maybe your voice isn't as bad as you think :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that really cheered me up...! I want to learn how to play the bass, so that I can the bassist in my band and find someone else to be the vocalist.

      I could always do backing vocals but not the main vocalist~ I hope to meet people that share this idea, I'm partially influenced by Versailles and X Japan's costumes/hairstyles :D

      Delete