Wednesday 15 August 2012

Music Review-Super Lover/Bomb, Bomb, Bomb by MISSter

So this is a music review on a Tomboy (adrogynous) Taiwanese Girl Band 'MiSSter' they consist of five girls Jin, Chiao, Chris, Carol and Milk. Although, Jin left recently, I think back in July, she has decided to become an Artist Manager in Lady Emperor and she also promises to help guide the company to a successful future. MiSSter is not disbanding, they are currently looking for a replacement for her position.

The members have talents in other things besides singing they can dance, some can play instruments, speak more than one language etc~ Its hard to find information about MISSter, Wikipedia should really create a page, anyways I'm sure if you search through the internet you'll find out more.

'Super Lover' is a fast, up-tempo song with catchy lyrics, the MV also has the use of a lot of bright colours specifically Orange, little cartoon animations are used as well, a choregraphy with easy to follow steps (which I believe makes it for fans like me to follow), the band are clothed in simple t-shirts and trousers with colourful jackets that seem to be very popular currently, I think there style allows once again fans to follow because some musicians where fancy clothes that are expensive and not locally sourced in certain countries, for example as much I love Visual Kei it's kinda hard to find the clothes of similar styles to your favourite bands for cheap price right? So I like MISSter's fashion style here.

Let's be honest, how practical would it be for me to wear Versailles costumes like Kamijo or Yuki's or Massashi which I think is a little less complicated and a little fuss-free then Teru ( I need a washboard stomach for that), Hizaki's (gigtanic flowing dress can get in the way), Jasmine beautiful yet eccentric accessoires are not the most convient things~ or the tall hair that X Japan used to have!

I think Taiwanese artists, are also not as popular as Kpop/Jpop but sometimes I think they have more originality, of course everyone has different taste doesn't mean we all love the same music. Just my opinion, I am an avid Kpopper and a devoted Visual Kei fan!


And Bomb, Bomb, Bomb actually I came across this song right at the start of discovering of this song because the song title was not very captivating, but I feel bad for brushing off this song now, its up tempo again, fast-paced with water effects this time, the members are dressed in suits with fashionable acceossire and stylish hairstyles, they also smile warmly and have an edgy dance, the lyrics here are really catchy, both songs contain rapping, which is performed by Jin I think and someone else, it might be Carol? Anyways Carol is my bias, she has kinda soft wavy hair, quite bold eyes and a lovely warm smile!


I'm sorry this review is not great, considering I didn't write a lot about the music, the sites below will have information regarding more about the band, if you like MISSter's music style and dress sense, check out Jing Chang, another female Tomboy/adrogynous female performer of Taiwan, if you want to hear MISSter performing a ballad song then check out 'Clear'.

In order, not to scare anyone, MISSter do have very boyish styles in clothes and hairstyles, minimal makeup, nothing like bright eyeshadow and in the Clear MV Jin has shaved sides on her hair, they are all female and as far as I know, basically respect them!
Credit to the websites, as they allowed me to learn more about MISSter, there is more information on these sites about MISSter especially the first one, the second one explains about Jin leaving.

http://misstertw.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/super-lover-mv/



http://www.jpopasia.com/news/misster-member-jin-reveals-she-left-the-group-6-months-ago::11438.html

2 comments:

  1. oh yes i know!!

    i use to like every type of asian music i think my favorite one is jrock (visual kei) but taiwan, korea and vietnam have a relly good music too! i'm a tomboy! and they are inspirations for me as musicians and also their tomboy style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MISSter too right? They have awesome stylish clothing, I'm not very girly too~!

      I love their songs~

      Delete