Sunday 12 August 2012

'Welcome to Rosie Hopkins Sweet Shop of Dreams' by Jenny Colgan

This is just a short review on a book, that I am currently reading and really like, my sister chose this book to buy at a bookstore at Weston-super-Mare, I went there for a trip, hence why there's a lack of posts in the last few days ^_^ I will talk about the trip in a seperate entry!

The book that I want to review and talk about is called 'Welcome to Rosie Hopkins Sweet Shop of Dreams' by Jenny Colgan. My sister already liked and enjoyed reading one of her other works 'Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe' which I did not read but I believe is about a cake shop.

This book is about sweets, traditional sweets like Gobstoppers, Humbugs, Sherbert Lemons, the pink and green striped paper bags and the shops filled with glass jars of colourful, mouth-watering sweets. The fact that the book is about sweets already had me intrigued.

Are you a chocolate or sweet fan? usually I'm a chocolate fan but once in a while I prefer the hard-boiled kind of sweets but my mum says there bad for you because the hardness of hard-boiled sweets damages your teeth or something similar =.=

The book starts with a foreward by Jenny, then it goes on to progess with short little facts or information about sweets in every new chapter before the story continues Rosie is an auxilluary nurse who lives with her boyfriend Gerald in a grotty flat in London, the bustling city that Rosie loves and adores.

Until she has to move to Lipton, the countryside to take care of her Great Aunt  Lilian Hopkins, whose had an accident and needs a hip replacement so she needs someone to take care of her crumbling, sweetshop~ This is basically how far I've got so far with this book but since I thought it had a nice opening and was enjoyable that I would review it, I haven't read a lot of books recently, so I'm using the holidays to make time to read more books and more material to expand my knowledge and also make my own stories more interesting. You never stop learning :D


No comments:

Post a Comment