Saturday 18 August 2012

Oxfam

Oxfam, is a huge charity organisation, they have many stores across the world, they have one closed to where I like (15-20 minutes walk, roughly) so I went there and asked them about volunteer work, and they gave me a form, I filled it out and gave it back in, no reply for perhaps two weeks and I was actually a little worry ( I have a tendency for worrying about things that are completely out of my control) so last week, I recieved a reply through mobile, saying which day was I free to come in for training (teach me, how to work out the store, where things go, and go through health and safety) of course, some things were very logical and I just needed common sense.

Yesterday, I went in for about 1hr and a half and just learnt everything, I can't use the steamer because I'm under-18 which I believe is a good thing because it seems hazardous. The other people there were very nice, it seemed like a friendly environment, somewhere to get an experience, to give back something, yes? >.<

I was nervous about using the till and just scanning stuff and pressing the buttons, but the customers were very nice and polite, as I obiviously took a little longer since I was trying to sort out the till and then someone used a credit card and I almost face palmed because I was kinda nervous about using the card, plus I spoke to the customers in a really quiet voice.

Hopefully, things will go better and I'll be more confident, my first shift is on monday, so please wish me luck, as I'm both excited and nervous.


^_^ Take Care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment