Friday 15 June 2012

Music vs Baking

Music would represent me whilst the 'baking' represents my sister Geri, whilst we are sisters and hold a very, strong, healthy relationship with each other, when it comes to our hobbies we couldn't be much different, my sister loves cooking, she especially likes baking, making macaroons, cookies, everything that is known to mankind, whilst I go around belting out my favourite songs, regardless if their in Mandarin, Korean or Japanese, apparently when I was 3 years old, I was singing a song by Teresa Tang (a very famous in fact a huge legend in the Hong Kong music scene, her untimely death from Asthma whilst holidaying in Thailand, left fans across Asia and the rest of the world devastated), she had the typical 'girl-next-door-image' and had a clear, beautiful singing voice which was enjoyable to listen too. Anyways, my dad said I used to substitute my own 'Mandarin' words into the song and the amazing thing was apparently it actually worked, the words fitted in.

Anyways, nothing has changed, I still go around singing the same song, except now I know the actual lyrics of the song, as opposed to my 'own homemade lyrics'. I enjoyed dancing as well, so it's no wonder I know some of the truly popular dance songs of all time, such as YMCA (Village People), She Bangs (Ricky Martin), Twist and Shout (The Beatles) etc. When I go to Karaoke, I just sing and sing, honestly I haven't been to Karaoke places many times but I do at home and at my relatives home and they join in too. It's so much fun, dancing 'Sorry, Sorry' with my auntie and cousin!!!

I think at the end whilst me and my sister are close with each other and hold a strong bond, we also have strong interests that lie in totally different things. For me, music is my life and every birthday/Christmas, a CD/DVD will be there, I will print out lyrics of special songs and paste them into notebooks or arrange them into folders, whilst my sister in her birthdays/Christmas, she will ask for a cookery book, if there is one she wants, i'm glad its like this because it would be irriating to have to share the CD player!


No comments:

Post a Comment