Sunday 17 June 2012

Chapter 7- Happiness, Friendship or Love?

'Dancing Out' by Super Junior

As we approached 'Tokyo Central Club' we all stood outside admiring the rugged, Vintage feel of the club, it had a red door with brass handles, it didn't exactly feel like the place where we would have a Rock 'N' Roll breakthrough show. As we stepped inside, the feeling of the interior of the club was completely different inside multi-coloured disco styled lights hung from the low, metal ceiling, a disco flooring covered the whole club, a bar serving different coloured cocktails lined up the cute brown Oak bar. The whole club had a 'retro' feeling.

Instead of playing our rock and ballads kind of music, we decided to try some other songs instead such as our Jazz song 'LoveXLove' this song would allow Sammul, to show off his smooth saxophone skills whilst Kenneth would play the piano, Kei and Hyde did not need to be in this song so they would sit out, of course I sang the song, other songs that we chose was 'Tears' 'Endless Rain' 'My Logo' 'Wonderful Tonight' 'Nothing Going To Change My Love' the arrangements were slightly different.

Adorning retro and vintage styled clothes, we looked the part at least, I wore a red velvet shirt, white pants with a gold belt, I wore white platform shoes designed with transparent material giving a 'glassy' feel, huge cocktail gold and jewelled rings adorned my fingers, a large shiny beaded necklace also decorated my neck. The crystal adorned microphone, shimmered under the lights, I smiled at the audience and open my mouth to sing the lyrics of Wonderful Tonight.

Our version was more punchy and faster, from a smooth ballad to a fast-paced dance song, I jumped around the stage, kicking and punching the thin air in front of me, I smiled at the audience, however there were some people booing at us, they didn't like the arrangements of our songs, they didn't like our clothes or the fact that our limited Japanese meant we couldn't communicate very well with the audience.

Kei who knew a little bit more Japanese than me, went to make an impromptu speech, after an audience member threw a banana at me I was a little shaken but I still carried on singing 'Endless Rain' but of course, Kei who was a little feisty was angered and had a bashing at the audience member who did this prank.

We were forced to finish our show at 11, with no fee because of the incident we had skip dinner that evening, we needed the money for our bills anyway and one less meal wouldn't do much harm.

Actually, I was a little disheartened of course I knew 'the journey to stardom' was a not an easy nor simple journey but I really didn't think it was going to be this hard, we had put so much thought into our clothes, makeup, hairstyles, songs, musical arrangements but one stupid prank ruined the whole thing for us, I was truly quite sad.   

Anyways, my mood soon changed because on our official website, some of our fans had posted comments saying our performance at Tokyo Central Club, a fan sent me a private message showing a picture of her cosplaying my outfit from one of my shows back in Hong Kong, I was dressed in a silk silver shirt, a large choker made out of pearls, green and gold swirled trousers, red velvet boots and chains in my long, black hair. My eyes wore blue contacts and white powder on my face, red lips.

This was from one of our performances just outside our campus, back then we were just 'Angst' and it was just me and Sammul. Back then even the visual appearance was important to me. A chuckled a little at the cute girl with her long, black hair and large eyes, when I wore the assemble, I looked kinda scary, the girl  looked adorable, very sweet-looking.

I posted the cosplay picture onto my blog after asking the girl if that was okay, I told the girl I was extremely pleased with her cosplay and that she should come to our shows more in the future, apart from this, I also posted a picture of myself posing with Kei and Hyde, with all our makeup removed, our pale faces and piercing eyes scared some people.

Fortunately, a flood of positive comments were left, fans commented how beautiful Kei and Hyde and I was naturally, some fans said I should wear less makeup, Kei and Hyde possessed very beautiful skin no doubt to their extreme beauty routines to keep their skin clean and porcelain liked.

"Good Night," Kei said shaking Hyde's hand.

"Good Night," Hyde said back giving his friend a pat on the back.

"Hey, Melon you were good tonight," Sammul and Kenneth said in unison. They both gave frosty stares at each other.

"Thank You, so were you," I said smiling back. I opened the door and turned the door handle, just as I opened the door, I felt someone give me a hug.

"Good Night, take care and rest that voice Melon," Kenneth said in his husky voice which was similar to that of famous entertainer Gackt Camui.

"Thank You, you take care too, tomorrow I will make a truly scrumptious breakfast for everyone," I said slightly uneasily.

As I stepped inside my room, I closed the door and sighed with relief, how long how could I hide my own feelings, I switched on my computer and immediately I carried on with watching one of my all time favourite movies 'Moonchild' featuring Hyde, Gackt, Leehom Wang. 

I kept in contact with Gackt, and we exchanged conversations regularly, he helped me a lot with my house work, despite this, he was very down-to-earth and played a large part in my life. Right now, the scene on my compute screen was that of Gackt dying from bullet wounds, lying in Hyde's arms, he died dramatically, he was like that in person, a bit of a diva. 

"Gackt," I said as I Skyped him.

"Melon, what's wrong?" Gackt said rubbing his eyes, I clearly woken him from his sleep.

"I miss you," I said.

"Honey, I'm right here whenever you need me," Gackt said in a serious tone.

I smiled weakly.

"A bad show? boyfriend troubles?" Gackt asked in an amused expression.

"I do not have a boyfriend, and yes, a bad show," I said.

*We chatted several hours before he suggested that I should sleep*

The next morning, I woke up rubbing my eyes and glancing at the beside clock, I was half a sleep, as I stuffed my feet into the cute pink bunny slippers, a present from Gackt. I walked out of my bedroom, it was 7am and I went to the kitchen opening the cupboards, and taking out bowls, plates and forks. I quickly made a pancake batter and then went back to sleep, at approximately 8am.

I cooked the pancakes with butter, maple syrup, bacon, eggs and mushrooms, I served different varieties of pancakes at the centre of the table. I poured orange juices into tall tumblers and I poured bowls of coco pops for everyone.

I went from room to room, waking Kenneth first, then Hyde and Kei who shared the largest room together, then I went to Sammul's last. Before, I woke him up, I just gazed at his soft face, his cute dimple face, his soft brown hair and his red lips. I stroked his hair softly.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Erm, wake up Sammul, breakfast's ready," I said as I ran outside of his room and shut the door. My heart was beating, Kenneth was standing right outside.

"What's wrong?" Kenneth said.

"Er, nothing, let's go and eat," I said cheerfully.

Gackt arrived 10 minutes later and everyone eat and chatted happily together.

"Can I help with anything today?" Gackt said smiling, dressed in a plain white t-shirts and combats and a cute girly pink apron on, mixing cake batter and wearing heart-shaped slippers, Gackt looked really kawaii.

"No, you just carry on baking your cake," I said.

"How's your girlfriend? Aimee Chan was it?" I asked moving the flour into little piles on the floor.

"We broke up, she got back with her ex boyfriend," Gackt said smiling.

"Ah, the first love, but what about you," I said.

"Gackt, I want some chocolate," Kei said laughing happily. The bouncy, kiddy and overly smiley Kei was dressed in grass green coloured tracksuit, a white Nike t-shirt and hair in bunches of pink elastics.
Kei and Hyde were taking a day off and they were planning to go Hong Kong to visit some of their school friends, they were planning to head down to the beach and have BBQ dinner before coming back to Tokyo.

Whilst I was staying in Tokyo with Gackt and sorting out my belongings and baking cakes, Kenneth was going to go fishing whilst Sammul whilst going sight-seeing hopefully to help him get some ideas for his lyrics.

"Bye Kei, see ya," I said waving, Gackt came out of the house and whispered something to Hyde making him burst out into laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously.
"It doesn't matter," Gackt and Kei said.

*In the evening*

Gackt took me to the beach to wind down, it was a very hot evening, so we eat ice cream for dinner and brought grape flavoured sodas to the beach to quench our thirst, I ran around the beach playing happily, I was dressed in blue shorts and a red polo t-shirt.

I splashed salty water onto Gackt's face, Gackt did the same before long both of our hair was soaking, my lips had become blue as I was becoming cold, Gackt came me his white fleece jacket and we walked to a cheap noodle bar near the beach, where we both eat Kimchi udon and shared a pork cutlet between us, Gackt also ordered hot herbal tea for me whilst he drank some beer.

"This tastes really good," I said helping myself to more pork cutlet, since we moved to Tokyo, we wanted to save money so we cut back  a lot on food etc. I drank water or juice usually to fill myself up in between meals.

"I haven't eaten this much in ages, it tastes so good," I said slurping up the noodles.

Gackt who was a exercises maniac, eat very slowly and very little, his only weaknesses were alcohol primarily beer and ramen, he had only 5% of fat on his body, I really needed to work out.

After we finished our noodles and I paid for the meal, Gackt bought me a very cute white heart phone strap, as he had noticed my old one was very worn out.

"This should be your lucky charm," Gackt said bending closely to me looking at my eyes.

I blushed a little. "Of course, I will take very good care of it, thank you," I said happily attaching the phone strap to my mobile.

I put the old one in my jean pocket, it was a present from Sammul, when we had just met.

Gackt took hold of my hand and we strolled along the road enjoying the view.


* 5am in themorning*

"We're home," Kei and Hyde said jumping on top of me.

"C'mon, we brought back some of our favourite snacks of Hong Kong, you have to eat it with us," Kei said joyfully.

Hyde who was a little calmer and a little shy, pulled Kei back and smiled at me. "Would you like a taffy candy instead?" he asked.

"Sure," I said taking a taffy candy from his blue and white striped tin.

"How cute," I said admiring the packaging.

"Get up," Gackt said strolling into my room, he had slept on the sofa, he still looked extremely handsome despite his casual attire of blue tracksuits (Kenneth's) and a white vest top (Sammul's), his tall and muscular physique made every girl weak at the knees.

As I got up, Gackt who was impatient just picked me up and took me into the living room, where colourful packages of snacks and other girls including body lotion, cosmetics and knit wear strung around the living room.

Gackt put me down onto a chair, "Your mum was concerned about your health, so she made us carry these vitamin pills and warmer clothes for you to wear, she also bought some yummy snacks for you," Kei said.

"And your mother made a very nice dinner which I enjoyed very much," Hyde said smiling warily.

"Well thank you for taking this stuff back, I hope it didn't take up too much room," I said.

"We got a performance tonight," Kenneth said bursting from the front door, then quickled followed by Sammul from his own room.

A look of horror appeared on my face, did that mean Sammul knew that Gackt and I went to the beach together and watched a movie at home together.

"Good Morning," Sammul said rubbing his eyes that appeared red and swollen.

"We get to perform at a club called 'Honey's Darling' it suppose to be a very popular place for rookie musicians/bands.
Kenneth held a black flyer which had some details of the time of our performance, who else would be performing and that we were entitled to a complimentary dinner and unlimited soft drinks.

"WOW, there some other rookie bands performing that I have heard of 'Cello's Heart' and 'The Hippodrome' and I love An Cafe, there suppose to play a string of their hit songs, because Miku or something is friends with the person in charge of the club," Gackt said quickly.

"Gosh, we better get practising," I said happily.

After breakfast, we headed down to the park under the Cherry Blossoms with our new manager Gackt to sort out promotional flyers to hand out.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment