Sunday 3 June 2012

Chapter 4-Happiness, Friendship or Love?

'Greatest Day' by Take That


"IT'S MY BIRTHDAY," I screamed, as I rushed out of my room. I was staying in a basement kind of flat, hybrid thing with Kenneth, Sammul and my best friend Tavia Yeung, she was working as a doctor.

Tavia gave me a huge birthday cake and presents, the gifts contained some money, new pens and lots of material and paper for when I was designing our costumes.

"Thank You so much Tavia," I said happily and gave her hug.

Sammul was cooking a birthday breakfast, the warmer, sweet aromas filled the kitchen, I gave Sammul a back hug, he smiled softly at me. He was wearing a yellow top and grey sweat pants, he wore his red and black coloured glasses and adjusted them nervously.

"Happy Birthday Melon," He said. "My present is in my room, go and take a look."

I rushed into Sammul's room, before I noticed my present, I noticed how clean and immaculate his bedroom was, everything neatly stacked and lined up. On his bed, a beautiful pink wrapped present in a box shape sat on his bed.

I grabbed the present and ran out again, straight into Kenneth who had just finished washing his hair.

"Whoah," I exclaimed as I fell on top of him.

"Sorry," I said a little too excited. I grabbed Kenneth's arm and helped him back to his feet.

I got back to the kitchen and stood next to Sammul and Tavia as I opened the present, it was the cutest mobile phone ever.

"Wow, this is truly my best birthday ever. Thank You, you noticed that my mobile phone was old and broken," I said to Sammul as he blushed a little.

I pinched his cheeks and smiled at him.

"Your welcome sweetie," he said.

"I guess, it's my go. Here's a present from me," Kenneth said taking the package from the table in the living room.

"What a cute looking box," I said as I removed the packaging. Inside was the most beautiful silver ring. It wasn't a girl's style, but a boy's style, the band was thicker and it was a very simple.

"Also, I have a bigger present outside but you better look outside," I looked outside.

Outside was a a beautiful plum coloured purple Harley Davidson motorcycle, with a huge red bow. I smiled as I grabbed my sneakers and ran down a flight of stairs.

"The motorcycle was Kenneth's idea, he contribute the most but me and Sammul did pay a decent amount and other people contribute Kei and even Hyde," Tavia said warmly.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, I looked at the motorcycle, and then I looked back at the mobile phone in my hand. I knelt down and started crying. I had been away from my parents trying to chase my dream, it was a long and tiring road ahead.

"Don't cry," Sammul said as he wiped my tears with his sleeve of his grey pajama top.

"Let's go inside and eat," Tavia said. "Otherwise, I will be late for work."

"Yes, let's go inside," I said half walking and half leaning on Sammul as went back inside.

Sammul had cooked a truly scrumptious breakfast, my favourite ramen topped with seafood and little fast food potstickers and other dim sum treats as well.

What a wonderful birthday. I smiled happily as I got dressed, I was heading to a coffee shop near the park where we were planning on jamming today.

Hyde and Kei had gone to school to hand in some assignments so it was me, Sammul and Kenneth sorting out the instrutments, amplifiers and other pieces of equipment. I cycled to the park because as much I wanted to test out new motorcycle, I needed to take lessons and such.

I bought everyone some coffee to lift their spirits, a few children were in the playground playing, as I removed some loose papers from bag, and looked at the lyrics of the songs 'Endless Rain' 'Vanilla' and 'Pink Spider' we changed the arrangments so that everyone was comfortable with it.

"Happy Birthday Melon," Kei and Hyde said in unison as they produced a bunch of birthday balloons and another birthday cake.

I could feel my tears welling up again.

"Thank You so much, it means a lot, to me," I said hugging Kei and Hyde warmly.

*Wednesday Club Performance*

"Ladies and Gentleman, as a special treat because it was my 19th birthday on Monday, we will be handing out free demo tapes to everyone here tonight," I said in a croaky voice into the microphone.

As the song Vanilla started playing, my heart beated fast as Sammul smashed the drums with his cool drumming skills, Hyde and Kei got the girls in the audience chanting their names with their cool swag on their guitars, whilst Kenneth was the 'Mr.Cool' guy playing the Bass in the background, he was a little quiet that night.

I opened my mouth and started singing, I jumped onto chairs and tables and onto the bar and danced to the energtic song because of our popular choice of songs, majority of the audience members would sing, dance and chant along with us.

We had everything we ever wanted in Hong Kong, as the weeks went on, each week we packed in more concerts and missed out on our lectures, we agreed to talk to each other and see if everyone wanted to travel to Tokyo. This was a new fresh start for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment