Sunday 3 June 2012

Chapter 3-Happiness, Friendship or Love?

'smile ichiban ii onna' by An Cafe

"What do you mean by this?" I said.

"I need someone," Kei said. "I've been by myself all these years."

"My songs all about guys who have happy lives with girls and lead romantic lives, whilst my real life is so different, I had many love confessions through high school to university but I never found someone, my soulmate," Kei said.

After that evening, I laid in bed my head filled with a lot of thoughts. After tossing and turning, I eventually fell asleep, the next morning I was woken up by a mobile phone ringtone, the ringtone was 'Mr.Simple' by Super Junior, I leant over and answered my phone.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi, can you come to class a little early, so I can discuss something with you?" Kenneth asked.

"Hmm, I guess I could come. I'll be there in 20 minutes," I said as I hung up the phone.

I threw my pastel blue decorated unicorn, cupcakes and angel wings duvet cover and got out of bed, my head slipped into teddy bear slippers and I went to the bathroom. I brushed my thick black hair, and applied some cream to my face, I wore a little bit of makeup, got dressed and brushed my teeth. I sprayed some perfume on myself and rush towards the music rooms.

"Hi," I said again as I sat down on a chair next to Kenneth. Sammul was there too and so was Kei, and there was another boy with curly, golden brown hair and a cute, kiddy face.

"Today, we thought we auditioned Kei and Hyde for the positions of bassist and rhythm guitarist," Sammul said.

"Right, and Hyde is?..." I said.

"Sorry, Hyde is my best friend, we've known each other since we were babies, our mothers are friends too," Kei said. He smiled at me. That smile was so sweet and cute. It instantly made me blush a little.

Hyde smiled at me and I extended my arm to him, shaking his hand and smiling warmly.

"Let's start with Kei," I said.

Kei wore a pink neon top and low-slung jeans, he wore red trainers and his hair was brushed loosely, he put his bass strap around his body and plugged the amplifier in. He held his trademark sky blue coloured guitar pick, and he started strumming lightly and then he got to the chorus of Pink Spide and threw his head back, his arms swung the bass violently, his legs were jumping and moving about, his whole body was into the song.

I jotted some notes down.

"Okay, let's try Hyde," I said.

Hyde wore a blue top and white trousers,orange sneakers, he had little plaits that were held together by small coloured elastic bands. Despite his cute and kiddy appeal in his face and because of his small height at 5ft 3inchs.

He could play exceptionally well, his arms were musclar and his body had great rhythm, the song he chose was 'Jade' by X Japan, he strung quickly and demostrated his skills on the guitar.
"Thanks Kei and Hyde," I said as the two sat back down.

"I think, we can accept you," I said after agreeing with Sammul and Kenneth.

"So let's start a formal introduction," I said. "My name's Melon Li and i'm 18 years old, i'm vocalist and leader, I also play the saxophone, bass and electric cello, I also design many of our costumes on stage."

"My name's Kenneth Ma, I play the guitar and i'm also the song writer and also the person who is in charge of everyone's schedules," Kenneth said. "I'm 19 years old."

"I'm Sammul Chan, I play the drums, I am also the person who communicates with our fans, I can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean and a little bit of Thai," Sammul said. "I'm 18 years old. I'm a few months older than Melon actually."

"My name's Kei, my real name is Bosco Wong, I play the bass. I'm 17 years old, my brother is Kenneth and I also have another older brother as well, I guess I would be in charge of makeup because I am taking exams to become a certified beautican just like my idol hide," Kei said.

"My name is Hyde, my real name is  , I play the rhythm guitar. I'm 17 years old. I'm younger than Kei. I guess I would be in charge of hairstyles, since I did many work placements at hair salons and I wanted to be a hairdresser if I couldn't be a musician," Hyde said.

As everyone introduced themselves, it cleared out the heavy atomsphere especially for Melon and Hyde, since they only just met.

"Well, I think we gotta concert coming up this wednesday, from 7pm to Midnight, it's at some local club in Hong Kong," I said.

"Kenneth, we should sort out the song list," Kei said.

"Yes, we should," Kenneth said as everyone wrote down a selection of their favourite songs after much debate.

Ten songs were selected: 'Vanilla' by Gackt, 'Ryuusei Rocket' By An Cafe, 'GimmeXGimme' by SuG, 'Love Letter' by Gackt, 'Junk Story,' by hide, 'Tears' by X Japan, 'Jade' by X Japan, 'Goodbye' by hide, 'Endless Rain' by X Japan, 'Filth In The Beauty' by The Gazette.

The songs were chosen which allowed each member to show off their skills e.g. Jade (Sammul- Drums), Tears (Vocals-Me), Junk Story ( Hyde, Kenneth and Kei-Guitars/Bass).  We then had to practise, and design our costumes.

The next week, we didn't attend any of our lectures and put all our time into practising, Kei and Hyde excused themselves from their school lessons and came over to practise, of course there was arguements at time, the group had 3 days left to rehearse. Today, was sunday evening and so everyone was busy and tired to say the least.

The older members were drinking beer and smoking cigarettes minus Melon, who sipped some juice and eat some sweets, whilst Kei and Hyde were eating takeaway pizza.

"Okay, lets do one more rehearsal and then we can go home," Sammul said as he ushered everyone back to their 'stage'.

"Noooooo, my arms want to fall off," Hyde and Kei exclaimed.

"Go," Kenneth said to Kei sharply.

Hyde and Kei got up and went to their respective instrutments.

"Hey, what's the first song again?" I asked.

"Junk Story, then Vanilla, Love Letter, GimmeXGimme, Filth In The Beauty, Tears, Ryuusei Rocket, Jade and then end with Goodbye," Hyde suggested and everyone nodded in agreement.
I proceeded to open my mouth, swallow a little saliva before singing the opening lines of Junk Story, I wasn't really focusing on the song, since tomorrow was Valentine's Day, also my birthday. I was a little worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment