Saturday 9 June 2012

Chapter 6- Happiness, Friendship or Love?

'Dry Your Tears With Love' - Tears by X Japan

The guy who was standing at the front of the car, suddenly walked to the side of car that Kenneth sat by, Kenneth rolled the car screen down and the guy pulled his mask and glasses off, it was Ruco Chan, his dark eyes gazed at Kei and then at Kenneth and then back at Kei.

Kenneth got out of the car followed by Kei who both walked a little distant away talking to Ruco.

"Wow," Hyde exclaimed.

"I don't get it, what's happened?" I asked.

"Thats Kenneth and Kei's elder brother, he like completely vanished 10 years ago, he just packed his bags and left Kenneth and Kei behind and their parents," Hyde said. "I remember Kei coming to school crying because Ruco had disappeared and Kenneth isolated himself a lot at that time."

"Yeah, I heard about that," Sammul said after thinking for some time.

"Gosh, no wonder Kenneth doesn't like Kei discussing about their family life or childhood then," I muttered.

As Kenneth whose face had darkened walked back towards the car, Kei slipped in quietly and was quickly back to his normal, upbeat and cheerful personality. Kenneth didn't speak a word as we headed to Hong Kong Airport, at the airport Tavia bought us spaghetti and Coca Cola for our last meal together for some time.

Can the passengers of flight 5 from Hong Kong to Tokyo, please board the plane now an announcement board bared this message behind us. 

I hugged Tavia for a long time before grabbing my rucksack, Kenneth and Sammul hugged Tavia and so did Kei, Hyde just waved goodbye to her and gave her a piece of his milk tea candy.

"Let's go," Kei said as he grabbed my hand and Hyde grabbed my other hand and we rushed down the stairs and towards our terminal, a surge of adrenaline made my heart beat faster.

I smiled at Kei, the skinny and friendly kid, and his best friend Hyde, equally same size and same skinny frame. As we boarded the plane, I looked out of the window engrossed in my thoughts.

"What you're thinking about you?" Kenneth asked.

"That person that appeared from no where," Kenneth continued. "He's my brother, and the eldest son of the family."

"Really, but you seemed unhappy to see him," I said proceeding the subject with caution.

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting to see him," Kenneth said as the air hostess interrrupted us to ask what beverages we would like.

"Tea," Kenneth said.

"Black Coffee please," I said.

"I want orange juice," Kei said followed by Hyde who requested "Pineapple juice."

"What about you, Sammul?" I asked.
"Erm, I will have a glass of wine," Sammul said clearly occupied with something.

As everyone drank their beverages and eat their food, as we landed in Tokyo, it was the evening, it was 6pm, we checked into a hotel and then left to eat.

When I went to collec the invoice, the expenses I noticed had been paid by "Ruco Chan" Kenneth's elder brother.

"Kenneth's here's the invoice," I said giving it to Kenneth.

"Let's go to a bar and drink," Kei said smiling happily.

"I think you're already drunk," Hyde chuckled loudly.

"Let's go," I said putting both my hands on Kei and Hyde's shoulders.

All three of us walked out of the hotel room happily, whilst Sammul and Kenneth talke quietly and walked behind us.



"Melon, come here a second," Kenneth said taking my hand and holding onto it.

"I want to tell you something about my brother, he disappeared for 10 years, and I just found out why," Kenneth said pausing a little.

"Why?" I said ushering him to carry on.

"He was kidnapped, he had secretly got married and wanted to go and live with his new wife and start a family in Osaka, but she was the daughter of some sort of gang or something, and Ruco only just escaped, he had been working for him against what he wanted to do," Kenneth said a little anxious.

"Wow, that seems kind off..." I said not knowing what to say.

Kenneth took my hand and smiled.  Just as we arrived at the restaurant, and I sat in between Sammul and Kenneth, I ordered Lemon Fried Chicken and beer, I ate quickly but Kenneth and Sammul and Kei kept piling food onto my plates and Hyde kept giving me more beer to drink.

"Guys, are we trying to make me fat and drunk, so you can replace your vocalist?" I said jokingly. It wasn't really obvious that I was the only girl in the band because I was in a shirt, trousers and a dark blue blazer and green flip flops.

"Nope, you just seemed kinda down, since we left Tavia and the others back in Hong Kong," Sammul said smiling.

"Yeah, lets toast to our success," Kenneth said raising his wine glass.

Everyone toasted happily and wished each other success.

Back at the hotel, they slept on the floor and beds, I slept in a seperate room by myself, Kenneth and Sammul and Hyde and Kei slept in two seperate rooms but Kenneth stayed with me until I fell asleep, when I woke up, I was faced with Sammul.


I turned around so I wasn't facing Sammul's face but he cuddled me anyways, I couldn't stop laughing and my heart was beating really fast, like super fast.

Eventually, I got up and got dressed and walk downstairs to the breakfast area, to be greeted by Kei dressed in a cute pink shirt and white trousers, his black hair in a ponytail and then Hyde was a little toned down, he wore a white t-shirt with a silver shark and red trousers and cute Smileyface sneakers purchased from Smileyworld.

My eyes then fell on Kenneth, he had dyed his hair last night, there was blue streaks throughout his black hair, apart from his alarmingingly bright hair, his assemble of clothes was very casual. I wore a pink dress and pink shoes that could tied together to form a bow on my ankles, I didn't want to wear this dress originally but Sammul asked me too.

He even put red heart hairclips in my hair, I sat down quite nervously as I wasn't used to dressing like this. It was different on stage when adoring flamboyant and elaborate costumes, I considered part of my work and my visual effects of concerts. Thus I was not too worried to dress like that.


However, coming downstairs to a simple, casual breakfast, I was a little nervous.


"Good Morning," I said nodding to everyone.


"Sit down," Kenneth said pulling a chair out.


"What do you want to eat?" Sammul asked me.


"Honestly anything plus a coffee or herbal fruit tea," I said getting up.


Kei and Kenneth had gone outside to smoke, Hyde sat in the corner of the table awkwardly smiling at everyone, he was playing on his PSP totally absorbed by his game.


"Hi guys, sorry we just stepped outside to sort out some issues, I got a phonecall for a local club. Here they will have us play today," Kenneth said.


"Right, that's fine. No problem." Sammul and I said in unison.


"What time? Where?" Kei asked immediately.


"Its at Tokyo Central Club," Kenneth said "6pm to Midnight."


"We won't be paid but it will help us get hyped, people will notice us, so we can climb our way up," Kenneth said.


"I think we're gonna have to find part time jobs to pay for bills, when we move into our apartment," Hyde said in a serious tone.


Their apartment was located just outside central Tokyo, needed some final touches to be done before they could move in.


"Hi Tavia, I miss you sooooooo much, everything so different here," I said as I talked to Tavia on Sammul's phone.


"Your going to waste Sammul's credit, if we carry on speaking," Tavia said back in Hong Kong where she was having her lunch break.


"I don't think he will mind too much, I can always pay him back," I said cheerfully.


As everyone left the hotel to go to Tokyo Central Club to talk about our gigs, since it was tonight, we would playing songs that we had practise many times, so that we could give off a good impression and also make waves in Tokyo.




No comments:

Post a Comment