Thursday 31 May 2012

Chapter 1-Happiness, Friendship or Love?

'Beauty and Stupid' by hide (each chapter will have a song name to describe what it is about)

It doesn't matter that I was plain and unatttrative, it didn't matter to me that I wore little beads in my hair and bared a childish face, but to the people that kicked me and hurt me, the punched and spat at me. It  did and it was also pretty useless fitting in with the kids at my high school.

I was a lone drifter, I moved from A to B constantly living by myself, I wanted to be a muscian. I wanted to be but others said my image was not right, I wasn't cool enough, I focus too much on the clothes not the music.

Until my enrollment into Hong Kong Lam Tin University, I was a student studying drama and I had worked hard in adding dimensions into my characters in my school plays, I was very bored and became tiresome until I met my current best friend Sammul Chan.

Sammul was a year older, he was hard working and determined, both of us liked smiliar music and ate similar foods, both shy and introverted but had high ambitions in life. Kenneth is a part of me that will live on in my heart, he is the best and only the greatest of all humankind.

*Back to the current day*

Sat under a Cherry Blossom tree, two bento boxes in black and pink were laid open, I was eating happily, Sammul smiled he held a white Nikon camera and was constantly taking pictures, he was helping Kenneth's art project.

Kenneth, my other best friend, is the ultimate flowerboy of the school, popular with girls in every year and the envy of all boys, Kenneth's cool attire and althetic body was due to his fashionable style and loveable to everyone. He was also a art/fashion student.

"We got a live house gig this weekend," I said checking through my diary.

Our band 'Beautiful Dolls' we wore the cute and colourful clothes, the full hair and make up, the band was just a trio, me (vocalist/bassist), Sammul (guitarist/leader) and Kenneth (drums/composer/designs the costumes and setting). Kenneth's artistic skill was pretty useful when we first started as a duo, Sammul and I.

Whatever vision we had, Kenneth would spend hours creating it, i'm talking about a show that maybe lasts 3 hours if we didn't get booed off.

"I have the set list, lets ask our music teacher to hand out the tickets to her students," Sammul said.

"Yep and Kenneth's already given a limited 100 tickets to his fanclub members," I said cheerfully.

"Fans," I muttered softly.

"Soda anyone?" Kenneth said walking towards us.

"Kei just gave me this," he said holding a colourful star shaped necklace.

"So pretty," I said.

Kei is Kenneth's little brother, he works at a video rental store and goes to Lam Tin University as well is doing a Beauty major and is quiet and friendly, he is popular with girls too, he likes Glam Rock a lot and often does Beautiful Dolls make up.

"Lets finish here, and sort out saturday's performance, we haven't had any smooth performances and if we gonna do well..." I said.

As we got up and brushed the crumbs off our food, we headed indoors, Kenneth was swarmed by many girls as we headed to the music room. I pulled the hood over my head over to protect my face, Sammul had his arm around me so it made me feel safer.

We headed into the music room, the carpet lined floors, a round table sits in the middle of the small room, a huge glass window and red curtains by its side and a piano. The piano was the old style, it was like 20 years old, a light brown cover and the keys were a little dirty.

Anyways, we sat down and took our pencils and pens, switched our brains on and took our paper to jot our ideas, first we needed to create our outfits. Recently, inspired by Due Le Quartz's outfits, I chose black and purple and pink coloure material, silk, chiffon and leather was used for the outfits, netting, beads and sequins were also used to make the outfit more glamourous and accompanying head pieces also had the finish touch.









































No comments:

Post a Comment