Sunday 7 October 2012

Oxford Brookes University

Today, I went to visit a university with my sister and dad in Oxford, the university is called Oxford Brookes University, I am interested in their hospitality course and the university is very reputable. It was voted by a very reputable newspaper 'The Sunday Times' as the 'Best Modern University'.

Whilst the university is modern, the city itself has many historical traits so one can say, it's the best of both worlds as they combine elements of the past with the future. The historical traits include castles, churches and old buildings. Actually, the place Oxford is very famous, maybe you have heard of it? >.<

I took the train up to Oxford Brookes, it took 2 hours roughly and I felt a little sick (queasy) from the train journeys but the weather was lovely, sunny with a crisp air.

The university is very nice and is also having some refurbishments, I went to listen to their hospitality course and I learnt that it was a 4 year course with the second year going away from university and the third year as an exchange, so I can study in a university in a different country. That's quite exciting right?

Afterwards, we walked around the campus and observed the area, actually I went to Oxford over ten years ago when I was little. It was great although I didn't remember much of it and yesterday, I got to see it again and also, there were so many different clubs.

If I were to go to there university, I would join their photography club besides others, there's lots of other music clubs too! Maybe, one day I'd meet friends that like Jrock or Kpop or Cpop and maybe one day, there will be the band mates of my future band. Just maybe...anything is possible! As long as you set your mind and your heart on it!

~Just like someone told me...make the dream of being an entertainer...a lifelong goal~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's great!!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your future in Oxford Brookes University o(≧∀≦)o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't decided which one I prefer yet and also, I need to reach their grades but thank you!

      Delete