Friday 21 September 2012

~Astigmatisim~

Do you know what 'astigmatism' is? It can be both a minor and major problem, although most people have it and can be corrected by special contact lenses or glasses, very few people need to have surgery to correct it.


Well since a lot of people don't know what it is, I will write a little post about it.


It's the simplest way to explain it, Astigmatsim is with the person when they are born, but of course babies cannot tell you that they have 'double-eye vision' or sometimes when they look at things they are unclear, right?


So I guess a parent or the child will not know until the first eye checkup, the optician uses lights and such to check the healthiness of the eyes, I guess they will notify you whether you have it or not, I do and I didn't know much about it until recently.


Some of the symptons that can occur include:


-Double Eye Vision (when you see two of the same objects, I think).


- Instead of light entering your eye at one point i.e. the retina, it scatters across the eye instead. I think it causes me discomfort when its sunny.
-Objects too close as well too faraway can be blurry as well.
-Can result in Short-sightness or Long-sightness. (I am short-sighted, incase you're interested I'm -5).


So take care of the health of your eyes, its very important, after long hours at the computer, stretch your legs, don't watch flashy tv/play games in a dark room, read in well lit rooms.


Go to your optician's regularly, and wearing glasses is not bad, its better to wear glasses then let your eyesight deteoriate. Now, I am trying contacts, 'Toric' Contacts they are used to correct Astigmatism.

No comments:

Post a Comment