Friday 7 June 2013

Banana Boat Kids Powder-Dri Sunscreen

Hi, before I go onto skincare or cosmetics review. I decided to do a review on sunscreen that I use because the weather is warming up and its important to weather sunscreen even when its not sunny. Yes, grey days and rainy days are also sunscreen wearing days too (don't worry, I only learnt this recently from my mum too). The sun rays are strong enough to penetrate through clouds and stuff so it doesn't matter if you can't see the sun. It can still see you and burn you. So princes and princesses take care of your skin.

  I use a kids sunscreen (I think sunscreen is more suitable for sensitive skin because children called Banana Boat. It is SPF 30, The description on the bottle says "Banana Boats Kids Powder-Dri SPF 30 goes on like a lotion, dries like a powder on your skin so you won't feel it on.This advanced formula patented Avo Triplex technology for photostable, high UVA & UVB protection that lasts longer than ordinary sunscreens since it doesn't break down in the sun" Sounds good right?. Lets see!

Appearance

There is a blue cap and the bottle is yellow coloured, so its pretty basic in colouring and packaging. It has a groove on the left side of the bottle and a bumpy part on the right side. I don't know if this is done to make easier to grip on the bottle. If you take it to the beach, your hands are going to be wet if you have gone swimming and it the bottle is smooth, its easier to drop out of your hands because its slippery. So the design is pretty awesome.






/ 5


Scent

It doesn't exactly smell of bananas, more of a fruity scent. This isn't a problem for me because I'm so used to non- smelling products ( I have an allergy to fragrances, so I spray perfumes onto my clothes, my allergy only makes my skin worse as opposed to something else.)  Its very fresh smell. However, those that are expecting a heavy, obvious banana smell will be disappointed.

  / 5

Product

Its white in colour, it definitely feels and applies on the skin like lotion, although it does dry off like a powder, giving a light and airy feel. Although, with majority of sunscreens I've used it makes you a shade whiter, than your real skin tone. However, it isn't hugely noticeable, it fades after a while. I mix it in with my moisturiser and then apply them together.Since, it takes like 5 minutes to absorb into the face before you either go and swim or apply foundation/BB cream or primer or makeup onto the face (cheeks, forehead and chin). 


Swatch ( its white and thick in consistency like lotion and it dries really quickly like powder).




Roughly blended (I squeezed out way too much, too swatch for this and I ended up putting some on my arm as well *fail*)




Fully blended (it makes my skin look whiter until its fully absorbed).



/ 5




Overall:

/ 5

 Thumbs Up:

Nice fruity scent
Packaging is well thought out
Absorbs really well into the skin

Thumbs Down:

I can't think of anything right now.

^^ I highly recommend this sunscreen for anyone. I can't see why not all skin types can't use this product, since it dries off like a powder,  it suitable for those with oily skin, who don't want more products on their face.

Comment below and let me know what sunscreen you use? and if you have any more questions, then please ask me and I'll try to answer them. Take care of your skin and stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment