Sunday 23 June 2013

Alice Nine

Hi, guys I'm back and I want to talk to you about my new favourite band... Alice Nine. They are a five member Japanese Visual Kei band. The members are vocalist Shou, guitarists Tora and Hiroto, bassist Saga and drummer Nao. From various sources, that I read Hiroto is the youngest and Nao is the oldest. Nao is also the leader of the band. Usually, drummers are the leaders of bands? ^_^ The band was also formed by Nao.
 
The cover of Rainbows, from left to right is Tora, Nao, Hiroto, Shou and Saga.


I was thinking the other day, I should check out some of other Jrock bands that I had never listened too and I decided on Alice Nine, I didn't go for bands with heavier visual appearances or music such as Dir En Grey or Gigrugamesh because I don't think I would like it as much.

The first song, I listened too was "Rainbows" by Alice Nine released on August the 6th 2008 and is their thirteenth maxi single!!!... It was really cool, Shou's singing voice reminds me of a blend of Gackt and someone else's voice but he has his own style, of course. The guitarists, drummer and bassist have lots of energy and give off a cool and mysterious vibe.



Nao
http://keikowakana.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/1.png

Tora


Saga
 

Shou


Hiroto



I also watched a few of their Alice Nine Channel videos, and they are so funny, I thought that the video where is Saga is answering questions related to soccer, a topic which is meant to have lots of knowledge about. Hiroto was the referee and Tora, I assume is the host of the channel and provides comments and generally makes the episode run more smoothly. 

To answer a question, Saga must head butt the soccer ball which is hanging over him (he has to jump up, when it gets higher, he has to take a few attempts and even falls over on one of them). Anyways, his face was priceless was when he got the answers wrong, he seemed so shocked. 

Also, another funny episode is "whats inside the box?" so I believe there are four boxes, there's a slit at the top and you put your hand through and touch whatever is inside, it could be alive or dead, anything...I won't tell you whats inside the box (no spoilers here) but I can tell you that Nao, despite the eldest and the leader is the most scared and screams the most :/ Saga and Tora are also part of this game.

I also watched their short movie "Number Six" which was roughly 15 minutes long. Its stars all five members and has a girl that is in high school (~17)and is very heart warming, the kind of film that leaves a meaning embedded inside you.

Here are some more pictures of Alice Nine to end this post.

 

 





Credit: None of these are my pictures, credits go to all the owners of these pictures.

There is a lot of information about each member and the band already, so I decided to keep this post shorter with just some of my favourite things of Alice Nine. If you have any song recommendations, let me know~ I highly recommend you to check them out, if you aren't into heavy Jrock and prefer more Oshare Kei style bands, perhaps you will like them too?

4 comments:

  1. I'll try to listen to some of their song (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there show on Nico Nico is so funny, I can't stop laughing :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete