Saturday 10 November 2012

Manga

Manga, a lot of Manga and Anime fans... well when I was little I used to watch a lot of Doreamon~ and I really like it. I mean who can not love Doreamon, he's so cute and blue!!! Although, he wasn't blue before, he used to be orange with pointy ears. For those, who don't know the story, Doreamon was bitten by a mouse on his ears, he cried so much he became blue. *what is wrong with me, I'm meant to be talking nicely about manga and now we're talking about this*

My favourite mangas are Lovely Complex and Yotsuba and !, I've not read many but Bakuman is becoming a favourite too, so far I've only read Volume 1. I've watched bits of the Lovely Complex anime and I watched the film. I was hugely disappointed with the film, I felt like they cut so many parts out of it :( they should done a drama instead of a film. Then they could of kept loads of the bits in...  basically, I enjoyed the anime more. Just my opinion. The film stars Teppei Kokei of WaT. + plus in the manga 'Mighty' looks really cute! If only he were real.

I read Fruits Basket and enjoyed it, although it's a manga that requires deep focus/full power concentration because there are so many characters and their lives are really complicated. Although, having said this I managed to read 11 or 12 or 15 volumes of Fruit Basket (borrowed from two seperate libraries) and then stopped :( because it was the holidays, this was like 2 years ago and I don't have time to re-read these volumes and carrying on pursing the other books. Maybe I watch the anime if there is one.

Ouran High School Host Club is okay, I like the style and I think Tamaki is funny but its too complicated with too many characters and too many speech bubbles on the page. I was a little confused.

I read bits of Otomen and I didn't like it :( the pictures were nice but the story didn't hold me in. I was a little disappointed. I also don't like Naruto, One Piece, Deathnote etc kind of style 'fictional' monsters maybe I prefer the modern style set in schools or romantic/comedy love lives between the characters.

However, I throughly enjoyed the 'High School Debut' story, I read one volume that's all my library had but I watched the film and it's so good and the guy who plays Yoh (Junpei something~ I'm sorry I forgot his surname) is really cute and looks just like his manga counterpart so thumbs up!

Any recommendations? Do you guys like Naruto, Deathnote or One Piece? >.<

2 comments:

  1. waaaa i love manga!!! i think the drawings are amazing and the histories are for all tastes!

    i love bakuman and ouran high host club! they were in some sense my inspiration to become an artist (even if i'm amateur xD) and a tomboy!
    i would recommend death note but as you said with fruits basket, death note requires to pay attention in all the details >.< but is amazing! there is also a shoujo story named "yamato nadehsiko shichi henge" you can find it in english as "the wallflower: the perfect girl evolution" is my favorite shoujo i think is funny and original

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You~ when I get time I will defnitely check out these mangas~ have you read of all of Bakuman? I just started!

      My favourite cartoon is McDull its a Hong Kong piglet! He's so cute but it has a nice meaning to it, so I want to read the comics as I have only watched it.

      Bakuman has a nice 'feeling' I've only read volume 1 and it's so exciting, they just go for it. You only live once so shoot for your dreams right? :P

      Delete