Wednesday 7 June 2017

Sissy That Walk - Valentino's POV

Valentino's POV:

It was a sunny day and sweat was pouring down my face, I had been dancing for the last 5 hours. I had been spinning around and around in circles, and I was starting to feel dizzy. Perhaps, I should get something to eat or quench my thirst.

I changed out of my ballet costume and changed into my red shirt, ripped jeans and black cowboy boots. I put my earrings back into my ear, as I caught my reflection in my mirror. I smiled. It had been a long time since I felt this good, I was going to graduate soon and I had been accepted into the National School of Ballet in Shanghai. I was heading for stardom or was I?

My friend from high school, Carter had been pestering me to finalise his lineup of his new rock band. The problem with Carter was he had the changed the lineup of his rock band so many times and he was still undecided on the musical direction of his band. Carter was talented for sure, his lyrics were like liquid gold, they somehow blended in together and would really captivate his audience, but he had too many ideas and many of them were unfinished. Was I really ready to sacrifice my dream? 

I pushed that thought back into my mind. I mentally shut a door on that thought. I wasn't ready to deal with more drama. I needed to focus on my final dance exam. This exam would make or break it, it would decide if I would enter National School of Ballet with a scholarship or not, if I didn't have the scholarship. I could have trouble funding my fees and never mind transportation costs.

As I looked up, I noticed a group of girls looking at me, the same group that had been outside my practise room. I wondered what they wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment