Thursday 22 September 2016

How 2nd of Aug 2015- 3rd of Aug 2016, became the happiest year of my life ? (part 1).

Hi... its such a long title right and you must be wondering, what could be so amazing...that could make me happy for a whole year...that 365 days roughly of happiness. Of course, I had moments of sadness and anger too.

In my course of 4 years of majoring in International Hospitality Management, I have 10 months minimum that has to be  in my course. I made mine a bit longer and I interned for 12 months. A minimum of 40 hours per week.

During my interview process, which was done over on Skype cause I chose five star hotels in Hong Kong and I live in the United Kingdom. I had already had somewhat of a idea, which hotel I wanted to work for. I had received 3 offers, out of those 3 offers, two of them were very tempting. My chosen department was Housekeeping and I really had a very strong desire in this. I never worked in housekeeping before and I was constantly reminded during the interview process that HSKP is extremely tough.

A very demanding and physical job, and on top of that of the fast pace and high demand of efficiency in working in Hong Kong. I could find it difficult. But I was extremely determined that my placement year would take place in Hong Kong, I would be able to complete 12 months successfully in HSKP........ one of my main reasons is that I didn't want to try HSKP after graduation because I know it's tough. However, after this internship I now have very high interest in pursuing in career in HSKP.


I finally have chosen to work for a hotel located in Mongkok, for privacy reasons. I decided I will not name the hotels, I received offers from or the name of the eventual hotel that I worked at. This is the end for part 1, I will continue my journey through my internship in the course through the next few posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment