Sunday 11 September 2016

Favourite Foods to Enjoy Whilst in Hong Kong

Hi, it's been a really long time since I made a proper blog post ~ and I'm really sorry about that. I hope I can write more posts now and post them when I am more busy, in order to keep this blog alive. Anyways, today I wanted to pick a selection of my favourite foods that I enjoy eating whilst in Hong Kong.


1. Century Egg Congee

Congee is a type of Chinese porridge made out of rice, Century egg is also known as a thousand year old egg, is made by preserving duck, chicken or quail's eggs in a mixture of ingredients from a few weeks, to a few months depending on the processing methods. This can be enjoyed at most place where you can eat dim sum and I think "cha chaang tengs" also serve these too. 

2. Dim Sum / Yum Cha

I don't want to go into too much detail on explaining what it is, otherwise we will be here for a loooong time hahaha. Dim Sum is food served in small portions kinda like Spanish tapas, the food is either steamed,baked, fried etc. My favourites are the Taro Puff, Egg Tart and har gaw (prawn wrapped in a translucent wrapper).

3 Egg Tarts (cookie /short crust pastry) /Portuguese Tarts

Any egg tarts bought just baked and out of the oven, tastes like a little piece of heaven. It tastes soooooo good, a little bit sweet, crunchy pastry, and the warmth from the tart is so satisfying, my mouth is watering just from thinking about this.

4.  Fried Dough Stick / Spring Onion Pancake

  Both of these are cheap to pay, really satisfying, warm and delicious. So simple but so goood ^^ you must try for yourself.

5. Shaved Ice. 

If you go during the summer, go and have some shaved ice, it comes in an array of flavours green tea, mango, taro, chocolate, coffee etc. There are so many different types of toppings, fresh fruits, grass jelly, chocolate, sprinkles etc and many sauces too , like chocolate, condensed milk etc. The portion sizes are quite big, so if your appetite is like me , not a really big sweet tooth person. Share it with your friends instead. Usually, I share with my sister, if I eat it by myself, a lot is leftover because its really too much for me. Shaved ice is relatively cheap, and you can find almost every street.

6. Sumore, Yuen Long.

The traditional egg waffle is given a twist in Sumore, they have chocolate, green tea, coffee and chocolate plus original to choose as their base and you have black sesame, red bean and m&m's to be stuffed inside. For the price of $20hkd. Its really well worth a try and can easily feed two people. 


Thank you for reading this, if you want to know my favourite places in Hong Kong, be sure to check out this post. I'll see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment