Friday 23 August 2013

Sweet Lolita

Hi, I'm back~~~ with another post, this time its about the super cutesy Japanese fashion called Sweet Lolita which is also known as "ama-loli",  if you have ever been to Harajuku or used Japanese fashion websites like Tokyo Fashion. You'll some people (mostly, girls. I presume) in lolita dresses with ribbons and bows and frills, that have cute patterns like teddies or sweets or unicorns on them and with cute accessories that bring nostalogia of the toys and soft toys we played with as kids.

Two of the most popular brands of Sweet Lolita clothing are "Angelic Pretty" and "Baby, the Stars Shine Bright".

Sweet Lolita is heavily inspired by "Rococo style" (which I love) as well as elements of Edwardian and Victorian clothing. Sweet Lolita uses the basic Lolita style then makes some changes such as using lighter clothes such as pastels, lights pinks and purples etc and child-like motifs. A lot of prints on sweet lolita use fruits like cherries or strawberries or other kinds of sugary fruits, flowers like roses and ribbons. 

Accessories usually follow a princess-like theme and bonnets, hair pieces and parasols are popular (I really want a parasol, they look so cute and pretty). Bags and purses follow in the same style, I've seen Unicorn shaped bags and fruit shaped bags on the internet before. The same applies for jewelry and all of these use pastel colours and such.

This is the first Japanese fashion that I discovered and its one of my favourite fashion styles, other styles that I like are "Decora", "Visual Kei (of course~~~)" , "Hime Gyaru" and "Gyaru". All of Japanese fashions are really awesome, whilst some fashions are really bright and colourful, others are just one colour scheme (e.g. black) and some focus on a specific them (e.g. medical).

Tell me, what are your favourite fashions? Do you like Japanese fashion? Thank you for reading and I look forward to your comments. 


















Credits: Some information comes from the internet (various sites), as I wanted to do some more research on Sweet Lolita. Also, none of the pictures belong to me so credits to the owner.I hope the owners don't mind me using their pictures and information that I found on the internet. 


^^ see you on my next post^^

2 comments:

  1. I really like Angelic Pretty! I think it's a very nice brand (^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, I think all those sweet lolita dresses are so pretty.

      Delete