Sunday 10 February 2013

Chinese New Year

So, a super short post but today (Feb 10th) is Chinese New Year, some of you are probably wondering why its on a 'irregular day' as in not (Jan 1st) like Western countries etc. Its because Chinese people have a seperate calendar to the Western calendar so we celebrated on different days each year since it doesn't stay the same day. Its to do with the moon or something hence 'Lunar New Year' is said instead of Chinese New Year sometimes.

So you might also hear people saying 'Gong Xi Fai Cai which means  to make more money  in Mandarin or Gong Hei Fat Choi in Cantonese bearing the same meaning'. The translation is only roughly, since my mum said the meaning in Cantonese and I'm having trouble turning it into English.  Xin Nian Kuai Lei means Happy New Year in Mandarin. Sorry, I don't know, how I would write it in phonetic Cantonese.

There are many food preparations for the New Year and the New Year's Eve is pretty hectic, my fridge looked like it would explode, it was stuffed with lots of food. Do you children recieve red packets, nowadays the packets aren't just red but come in different colours with all kinds of decorations but traditional ones are red.  

I will post a more detailed post later on~ I just wanted to drop some wishes to my readers~

I hope everyone will be Happy, Healthy and achieve super results from exams, projects or assignments. I hope that everyone achieves their dreams~ and does well! Stay safe! and I hope I will gain more followers and read my blog and comment. Thank You.


                                  Prince Happiness~

2 comments: