Tuesday 19 February 2013

A healthier way to cook instant noodles.

Its been a long time since I posted, a week I think? School has been really busy and leading up too this one week holiday. I have lots of work to do. Anyways, here is a quick post for you all! The birthday post will be up soon too. I'll spilt it into three parts.

Instant noodles usually come in a square/circle brick like form and usually have some coating of wax or something. Honestly, with the noodles already been so unhealthy, we don't want to eat the wax either.

So here is a simple method, that my dad taught me, first boil your water and when its boiled, drop your noodles in the boiling water. Now, instead of putting the soup powder and scallions into the water alongside the noodles. Instead, put the powder and scallions into a bowl and when there's one minute left roughly of cooking time for your noodles.

Boil some water in a kettle and turn off the gas and remove the pot and carefully remove the noodles whilst pouring the excess water away. You'll notice that the water has now become cloudy due to the wax. Place the noodles in the bowl and pour the hot water into the bowl and mix it with the powder and scallions and the noodles.

And now you're done, you can add eggs, ham or a slice of cheese to find the noodles off. Enjoy and let me know if you decide to try this method out.



6 comments:

  1. oh it's interesting!

    i barely eat instant noodles but i think this will be useful when i do it xD
    i also don't like when the noodles are cooked with lots of oil...at least for me it's unhealthy and i don't like its texture very much >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you find it interesting, I can't handle a lot of oil it makes me feel sick lol :p

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your advice! (^^)
    I really like noodles but I don't like instant ones very much (>_<)
    I mean, I like the ones you can eat in restaurants or that you cook yourself (^ω^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and they are really bad for you so it's good that you don't really like them. What's your favourite noodle?

      Delete
    2. I like soba and udon! What's yours? (^Q^)

      Delete
    3. I think Udon is probably my favourite but I like eating cold soba in the summer :p

      Delete