Saturday 21 September 2013

Grasshopper the band

Hi, I am back with another music related post, recently I introduced the band Beyond (click on the word to read it). So know I shall be introducing an another Hong Kong band that I discovered recently and love them dearly. 

The Grasshopper that I will be discussing is, the Hong Kong band. Although, I haven't found a song that I particularly like but I like the way they perform and their clothes. I always search for their lives on YouTube because I think they look like, they are really enjoying themselves and look really happy. Anyways, moving on~~~ here's some facts about Grasshopper.

They are a Hong Kong Cantopop boy band which was formed in 1985. The band consist of two brothers Remus and Calvin Choi and their neighbour Edmond Leung. The band was formed when Remus (who was interesting in dancing) selected Calvin and Edmond as his backing dancers for a competition. Although, they were unsuccessful in this competition, they stayed together and carried on performing together. They chose the name "Grasshopper" because they liked the fact that Grasshoppers have "agility" and its also the name of their favourite "cocktail".


In 1985, they took part in the "Hong Kong New Talent Singing Awards" where Anita Mui (a completely, different post in the future of her.) was one of the judges, during their audition they suffered a black out and Anita Mui started talking to them. Later, she became their mentor and visited their "low-cost houses" in her limousine (and probably wearing very glamorous and stylish clothes too). You can search for their lives and music videos on YouTube.

You can check out the rest of their biography on other websites~ as usual... I'll finish with 5 pictures of them, if I find a favourite song or live, then I will add it into this post in the future.

 

 
 




Credit: The information for their biography was taken from different sites on the Internet, so credits to the original owner and the pictures, do not belong to me, so credits to the original owner.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this band, either!
    Thanks for writing about them (^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, I'm glad you liked it. Will you check out Grasshopper or Beyond's songs?

      Delete